To advance the performance of state government through collaborative labor relations, workforce training, education, and benefits.
As the Governor's representative in employee relations matters, the Office of Employee Relations (OER):
- Negotiates, implements, and administers collective bargaining agreements
- Provides advice and technical assistance to managers, supervisors, and human resource professionals related to personnel rules, regulations, policies, and contract administration issues
- Ensures compensation and benefit programs for State employees are cost-effective
- Offers training and development programs designed to increase the competency of the State workforce
- Plans for a changing workplace in partnership with the unions and the Department of Civil Service
- Promotes and maintains a safe and healthy workforce