To advance the performance of state government through collaborative labor relations, workforce training, education, and benefits.
As the Governor's representative in employee relations matters for the Executive Branch of State government, the Office of Employee Relations (OER):
- Negotiates, implements, and administers collective bargaining agreements
- Provides advice and technical assistance to managers, supervisors, and human resource professionals related to personnel rules, regulations, policies, and contract administration issues
- Ensures compensation and benefit programs for State employees are cost-effective
- Offers training and development programs designed to increase the competency of the State workforce
- Plans for a changing workplace in partnership with the unions and the Department of Civil Service
- Promotes and maintains a safe and healthy workforce